How to launch and configure AWS spot instance ?
June 23, 2020 / Eternal Team
AWS Spot Instance
Benefits Of AWS Spot instance
- Low, predictable prices
- Easy to use
To launch spot instance steps are as follow
- Login to your AWS console go to Services and select EC2
- Click on Spot Instance
- Click on the Request Spot instance
- Select one of the below mentioned what is the service you are going to user Spot instance for
- Configure your instance.
- If you have a Launch Template you can select from there or just can use the AWS Prebuilt AMIs.
- Select the spec and instance type.
- Select the VPC in which you want to launch the Spot Instance.
- Select the availability zone and key-pair to launch the instance.
- Tell us how much capacity you need.
- Set your total target capacity (number of instances or vCPUs) to launch. If you specified a launch template, you can allocate part of the target capacity as On-Demand. The number of On-Demand Instances always persists, while Spot Instances can be scaled.
- Fleet request settings.
- Amazon EC2 requests your target capacity from these instance types. The more instance types that you specify, the better your chances of having your target capacity fulfilled.
- You will be redirected to a spot instance page and wait for the status to change.
- Note: Once the Spot instance request is created it will be only fulfilled if there is capacity available in your selected availability zone and instance type and your Spot instance request price is greater than the current Spot price.