WordPress Website Development best practice:
To develop any website in WordPress we as a web development agency follow a standard process. The different steps required for the same are as mentioned below:
Theme Development: There are two types of themes available in WordPress using which the WordPress websites can be developed, they are: Ready Made themes and Custom Themes. The website development process differs based on the selection of the type of theme by the client. If the client wants to develop the WordPress website using the Ready-Made themes,the steps followed for the same are as mentioned below:
- The client purchases the theme with necessary functions from various marketplaces like: (Themeforest.net) and provides us the theme files for use.
- We download the theme files, customize these files depending on the client requirements and deploy them on the development server for the client to see it.
- The client provides us the tweaks/content related changes which need to be incorporated in the website and those are taken care of by the development team. Once the changes done by the development team are approved by the client.We deploy the website with the final changes on the production server of the client to start using it.
If the client wants to develop the website using custom themes there are 2 approaches available for the same: They are: 1. Either the client provides the design files. Or 2. The design team from the company designs the web layouts of the website.
Approach 1: If the client provides the design files following method is used for development:
- If the client provides the design files to us in the form of PSD/AI. Once we receive those files, our development team starts coding them into responsive HTML and CSS. Once the changes made by the development team are approved by the QA team, our development team starts the migration process of HTML into the WordPress theme.
- The website with the changes is being uploaded on the development server for the client to view it and if there are any changes/tweaks in the website from the client, they are taken care of by our development team.Once the client approves those changes the final wordpress website is deployed on the production server of the client after final QA.
Approach 2: If the design team designing the layouts following method is used for development:
- Sometimes the client also mentions in his requirements to the web development agency to design his website layouts, in that case our design team starts designing the layouts of the website from the reference websites or the design briefs provided by the client.
- Once developed, we send the layouts to the client for his review, the client comes to us if there are any changes need to be made in the layout of the web pages. Our design team incorporates those changes in the layout and send the modified layout to the client for his approval.
- Once the client approves the design changes made by our design team, Our development team starts coding the designs into web pages using HTML and CSS. Once the changes made by the development team are approved by the QA team, our development team starts the migration process of HTML into the WordPress theme.
- The client views the website and provides us the tweaks/content related changes for the website to be incorporated in it. Once done, we upload the necessary changes on the development server for the client to view it.
- Once the client approves those changes the final WordPress website is deployed on the production server of the client after final QA.